- JYJ Red Angus is owned and operated by Jim and Jessica Yance.
- Jim and Jessica both grew up as the 3rd generation on their family farms.
- Jim graduated in 2000 from Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College with an Animal Science/Livestock Health degree.
- In 2006, Jim and Jessica married and joined the R.A. Brown Ranch cooperator team in Throckmorton, TX.
- JYJ Red Angus began at this time with a group of female cows purchased from RAB. Jim has been affiliated with RAB as a bull customer since 2000.
- Jim has served as President of the Henry County Cattlemen's Association and Regional Vice-President of the Alabama Cattlemen's Association. Jim was a participate in the 2006 NCBA Young Cattlemen's Conference Tour.
- Jim manages Yance Farms, Inc. where he operates a diversified row crop and commercial cow/calf operation.
- When Jessica is not teaching, she is busy working with the cow operation and managing the farm office. Jessica holds a certification in artificial insemination.